Read All About Adoption Here
My journey from being completely clueless to adoption. Hope it helps other couples that are struggling with infertility issues and plan to adopt or foster a baby – “To adopt a girl child, I had to go through a lot of legal formalities, paperwork and long waiting lists. From my experience, I can say, adoption or foster a child is not as easy as it may sound. There are a lot of things that you should know before you plan to go to foster care services.”
Here is all you need to know about adoption, foster parent requirements, adoption statistics, adoption expenses and so on.
What is Adoption?
Before we go into details on how you can adopt a baby and where to find various adoption agencies, let’s understand what is adoption. Adoption is a process of providing new families to those babies or children that are not willing to be brought up by their birth parents. By adopting a baby, all legal rights and responsibilities of the baby are transferred to the adoptive parents.
What Are The Foster Parent Requirements?
Not everyone is adopte a baby but most couples with infertility issues are eligible to adopt. Following are basic foster parent requirements that you should meet before you plan to go for adoption.
- Person going for adoption should be at least 21 years of age
- Show proof that he/she can provide nurturing and healthy family environment to the baby
- Should not have a criminal record
- Person should be medically fit for adoption
The most important thing to consider in adoption is where adoptive parents understand child’s needs well or not.
What Are The Adoption Expenses?
Adoption expenses can be influenced by a lot of factors. I have mentioned the average adoption cost here for reference. Based on the country you live, the type of adoption agency you go in for, the cost will vary.
- Public Adoption Centers – In this type of adoption centers, the expense ranges from 0 to $2,500 or INR 1,50,000.
- Private Adoption Centers – In this type of adoption agencies children are adopted from foster care services and the adoption expenses range from $4,000 to $30,000 or INR 2,00,000 to INR 18,00,000.
If you plan to adopt a baby from another country, then the adoption cost will range from $7,000 to $25,000 or INR 3,00,000 to INR 15,00,000. It is best to check the adoption process and cost from the government adoption agencies before applying for adoption as each country has its own rules and regulations related to it.
What Are The Requirements for Adopting a Child
You may be asked to produce the following documents as requirements for adopting a child:
- Your family background – mother, father, sibling details
- Your personal information like salary, where do you live – rented or owned accommodation
- Why do you want to adopt a girl child, if you specifically want adoption of baby girl
- Police clearance certificate
- Parenting experience
Make sure you are ready for adoption and understand the meaning of parenting a child. For more information on adoption guidelines, refer to the online website – CARA.nic.in
For information on what to feed your baby based on age, use the below resources:
To get access to premium content and downloadable baby vaccination charts, baby skin care magazine, printable home remedies etc, Login to the website.