Looking for home remedies for common cough and cold in infants? As soon as the weather changes, cough and cold are the top 2 ailments that most of the infants start to suffer from.
Home Remedies for Common Cough and Cold in Infant
Try the following home remedies for common cough and cold in infants which not just help treat the ailment but also boosts infant’s immunity: –
ga('create', 'UA-88198138-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');
- Breastmilk: – Infants cannot be given any medication for common cough and cold. In such a situation, breastmilk is the best drink. Breastmilk contains antibodies that help build body immunity and fight germs, bacteria causing cough and cold.
You may want to read through the benefits of breastfeeding.
- Honey: – It is one of the best remedies for common cough and cold in infants. You can offer honey through the finger to your baby. Dip your finger and let your infant lick honey through it twice a day. Honey is known for its soothing effect and help treat a common cough. For older babies (above 2 years), mix pinch of cinnamon powder with honey and let you baby have it.
- Vapors: – For blocked nose or trouble in breathing, let your kid inhale the steam. You can boil water in a bowl and make your baby inhale its fumes. This can be done for approx. 10 to 15 minutes in a day. Use of nebulizer for kids is also recommended to get early relief from blocked nose.
- Carom Seeds: – To relieve chest congestion, place some carom seeds(ajwain) along with tulsi leaves in water and boil it. You can give this to your baby to drink twice or thrice a day.
- Mustard Oil Massage: – Massage your baby with oil for quick relief from cold. To prepare the oil, mix mustard oil & garlic and gently massage baby’s chest, back and neck area.
- Water Level: – Since you baby is suffering from cold, he/she will sneeze and cough a lot hence lose body fluid. Make sure you maintain proper water level in your child’s body by giving him/her luke warm water at regular intervals. Fluids like soup, fresh juice are also good drinks to have to replenish the body’s lost energy and to maintain body hydration.
- Turmeric Milk: – This is one of the most recommended and used home remedies for common cough and cold in infants. Turmeric has antiseptic properties that help treat infections. You can add a pinch of turmeric powder to a glass of luke warm milk and stir. Give this to your kid to have it each night.
Do you have more home remedies for common cough and cold in infant, then comment below. I am sure, we all will be excited to read through your comments. If you like this article, please hit the LIKE button and press SHARE button to share it with your friends and family. Dont forget to read our article on Home Remedies for common cough and cold in Children.