Homemade Food Recipe for 9 Months Baby: Khichdi with Vegetables
Khichdi with Vegetables Recipe– Khichdi with vegetables is ideal for babies of all ages and comprises a mixture of dals or lentils, vegetable, and rice. It is easy to digest hence it is looked upon as one of the best food to feed to your babies.
Simple Step by Step Khichdi with Vegetables Recipe for Babies: –
- 1 teaspoons of moong dal
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon of Ghee
- 1 teaspoon of rice
- Pinch of Salt, Turmeric, and Hing
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Vegetables (carrots, onion, tomatoes)
Steps to Prepare Khichdi with Vegetables for Baby:
- In a pressure cooker, heat 1 teaspoon of ghee and add 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Put finely chopped vegetables once the cumin seeds start to crackle.
- Add a pinch of salt, hing, and turmeric to it.
- Add moong dal and rice to pressure cooker.
- Stir well and let it cook in open for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of water and close the lid.
- Cook it on a medium flame for 5 minutes or 3-4 whistles, or until everything is well cooked.
- Once done, mash khichdi gently with a spoon to reach the right consistency.
The homemade Khichdi with Vegetables for baby is ready to be served.
If you like this recipe of Khichdi with Vegetables for babies, please share it with your friends. Please leave a comment to ask a question or let us know your feedback.
You may like to read the following:-