When Can I Start Potty Training a Girl or Boy
Most parents are puzzled on, When can I start potty training a girl or boy? OR What age to start potty training? Potty training is indeed an important baby growth milestone and if you are one of those parents that are looking for signs to look before starting potty training a girl or boy, then you have reached the right place.
What Age to Start Potty Training?
Reaching to this phase of parenthood where you plan to potty train your kid may be easy but potty training a girl or boy is the big step, both for kids and parents and a hard one too. What is the age to start potty training? Most doctors say there is no set age to start potty training, the sooner, the better. Some kids may be potty training ready by 2 years while others may take 2 ½ years to get ready to be potty trained. However, before you put your baby into potty training, there are some signs – facial expressions, directional signs etc that you should look for which would tell you whether your kid is potty training ready or not.
Is Your Kid Potty Training Ready? Ask These Basic Potty Training Questions to Yourself
Following are some questions that will suggest you whether your kid is potty training ready or not
- Does your kid follow and understand directions?
- Does you kid show interest in the potty chair?
- How long does your kid remain dry during the day?
- Does your kid signal you when he or she needs to go somewhere?
- Can your kid pull his or her pants down?
If you have answered YES to most of the above basic potty training questions, then Congratulations your kid is potty training ready. If your answer is NO then you have to probably wait a little more before you can start potty training a girl or boy.
To get access to premium content and downloadable baby vaccination charts, baby skin care magazine, printable home remedies etc, click and Login to the website.
Starting Potty Training a Girl or Boy? What Do You Need
When you know that your kid is potty training ready, next is to know what all would you need to start potty training a girl or boy session? Read on to find out:
- Potty Chair: Get the right potty chair for your kid and place it in a room where your kid spends most of his or her time. Show your kid how to sit on the potty chair.
- Potty Breaks: In starting, let your kid sit for few minutes on the potty chair without a diaper. This will make them familiar with the potty chair. If your kid does not sit on the potty chair at all, hand him or her a toy. Encourage them and remind them to sit again later to master the art of potty training.
- Reward you Kid: Look for signs that may suggest you that your kid wants to use the toilet like holding the genital area, squatting etc. Once you notice these signs respond immediately. Take them straight to their potty seat so that they understand the meaning of their signals. Praise or reward them for telling you that they need to use the toilet.
- Help Them Clean: Show your kids how to wipe and clean themselves after they have relieved themselves to avoid getting Urinary Tract Infection. What is Urinary Tract Infection? Click to know more about it.
After a lot of patience and practice, your kid will finally be able to wean diapers. Celebrate the moment!! You have finally crossed another important baby growth milestone – potty trained a girl or boy.
Are girls easy to potty train than Boys? Find out in this article here – Potty Training a Girl or Boy? Which one is Easier?
To get access to premium content and downloadable baby vaccination charts, baby skin care magazine, printable home remedies etc, Login to the website.
READ MORE: Fisher Price Rock a Stack Educational Game Review | Mom of 3 Said This About Her Daughter and Everyone Was Shocked? | Is your Kid Smartphone Addicted | Baby Development Chart: Infant Growth Chart
Have you subscribed to our newsletter yet? Do it right now and get new articles right in your mail box, Subscribe to our Newsletter.