What Are The Chances of Getting Pregnant at 50 Naturally
Most women in their late 40s want to know the chances of getting pregnant at 50 naturally, so in this article, we are going to discuss the chances of getting pregnant at 50, risks involved in getting pregnant in 50s and precautions to take if you experience very early pregnancy symptoms in your 50s.
Can a Woman Get Pregnant At 50 Naturally?
It is possible for a woman to get pregnant at 50 naturally, however, the expecting mother has to take a lot of care of herself else it may possess serious health issues to the expecting mother and the baby.
Most women prefer to get pregnant in 30s, however, the decision to starting a family at the age of 50 is mostly because of one or the other infertility issue faced by the couple. No matter what is the reason, late pregnancies are mostly prone to pregnancy complications.
If you are struggling to get pregnant in 50s, try these ‘‘How to Conceive Faster’.
Pregnant at 50 Symptoms
Pregnant at 50 symptoms are as follows:
- Missed Periods
- Frequent Urination
- Mood Swings
- Breast Changes
- Fatigue and Nausea
If infertility is one of the reasons that is holding you to get pregnant at 50 naturally, then it is recommended to go for various infertility treatments like IVF, IUI etc. Know more about In Vitro Fertilization – IVF Treatment.
Risks Involved in 50 Year Old Pregnant
Pregnancy at any stage is full of risks however the later you get pregnant the higher the risk percentage goes. Getting pregnant at 50 risks includes:
- Spontaneous abortion – It is one of the major risk with 50 year old pregnant woman
- Expecting woman in 50s or 60s are 6 times more likely to die within weeks after the baby delivery because of bleeding and clotting than women in their 30s.
- Still birth is another common risk with women that get pregnant in 50s.
- Preterm Delivery – Woman aged more than 40 years are more likely to have a preterm delivery (before 36 weeks) than women aged in their 30s.
- There could be development issues with babies born to mothers aged 50 years.
Pregnant at 50 Naturally: How to Reduce Pregnancy Risks
Even if you get pregnant at 50 naturally then also the pregnancy complications remain on a higher side. To reduce the pregnancy risks, you should take care of few things.
- Eat a healthy and nutritious diet
- Eat folic acid and other supplements to meet daily requirement of necessary vitamins, minerals, and proteins at the age of 50
- Follow an exercise regime to stay fit and active.
- Make sure to go for regular checkups
To some, it may sound impossible to get pregnant at 50, however, if you know the risks and maintain a healthy lifestyle to counter them, you can successfully deliver a baby.
If you find this article helpful, then Hit the Like button or Share it with your Friends & Family to spread the word.