Home Remedies for Common Cough and Cold in Children Above 8 years
It is a stressful time for parents when the kid at home gets a cough and cold. Try these simple home remedies for common cough and cold in children.
In this article, I am going to list down few simple home remedies for common cough and cold in children above 8 years of age.
Simple Home Remedies for Common Cough and Cold in Children Above 8 years
- Ginger: Ginger is known to have ingredients that help reduce pain and fever. Cut fresh ginger into small pieces and ask the child to place tiny pieces in mouth. This is a very effective home remedy for common cough and cold in children.
- Turmeric: Like ginger, turmeric can also be cut into small portions and place in the mouth to get rid of common cough and cold.
- Kadha: This is an effective remedy for treating common cough and cold in kids. To make Kadha or spiced tea, boil around 300 ml of water and put ½ inch of ginger to it. Add 2-3 pieces of cloves, 4-5 tulsi leaves, and 3-4 crushed peppercorns. Boil this water until it is reduced to half. Strain this mixture and give it to your kid luke warm.
- Homemade Cough Syrup for children: To make this homemade cough syrup for kids, add 2 teaspoons of ginger and honey, a pinch of turmeric, salt and lastly squeeze in some lemon juice. Mix it well and give this syrup to your kid every 2 hours.
- Turmeric Water Steam: You can try this simple home remedy to treat common cough and cold in children. In this, you have to add a pinch of turmeric to boiled water and make your child inhale its fumes. This will clear nasal congestion effectively.
- Besan ka Halwa: It is one of the handy and effective home remedies for common cough and cold in children. Serve hot besan ka halwa to your child to treat cold and build body immunity. Read in detail on how to prepare besan ka halwa.