When and How to Stop Breastfeeding Toddler – 1 year or 2 year old Baby
If you want to know when and how to stop breastfeeding toddler – 1 year or 2 year old baby, then you are at the right place. In today’s article, I am going to tell your how to stop baby from breastfeeding fast.
When to Stop Breastfeeding Toddler
As per World Health Organization, you should breastfeed a toddler no less than 6 months and then gradually you can introduce baby food and reduce on it. It is important to read that you should stop breastfeeding 2 year old by all means because mom’s milk after that is not sufficient to meet body needs.
Tips on How to Stop Breastfeeding Toddler Fast
Here are few tips that you can use to stop breastfeeding toddler fast
- Whatever your reasons may be to stop baby from breastfeeding, before you stop doing it you should be sure that your baby gets enough nutrition from outside sources.
- Make sure you communicate to your toddler that you are going to stop breastfeeding. This will help the transition go smoother.
- Make sure you offer alternatives to breastfeeding like juice, milk or water from a baby bottle.
- Do not hurry up with things. Instead go slowly and gradually.
- Take extra care of your toddler as you may experience sudden behavior changes because you just stopped breastfeeding.
Signs to Stop Breastfeeding a 2 year old
Following are some of the signs to watch for if you want to stop breastfeeding 2 year old :
- Baby is more interested in external food items
- Mom is on medication
- It hurts to breastfeed
- It gets tough to breastfeed and work simultaneously
- Mom’s milk supply has dropped down
- Baby is no more interested in breastfeeding
Research has proven that breastfeeding not only provides the basic nutrition needed by the baby but it also plays an important role in building the child’s immunity. Once your baby is 2 years of age, it is time to introduce external solid food. With a little patience, you will be able to stop breastfeeding toddler.
Do you want to know how to latch a baby correctly ? NO.. Read through this to find out the everything about baby latching with pictures. If you find it interesting, do share it with friends and family or leave a comment down below.